We’re looking for someone who’s interested in architecting and building the core tech that powers the VRChat universe. You’ll help develop a wide variety of systems necessary for a social user-generated VR platform and take ownership over some of these systems. VRChat is a “live” platform that’s constantly updated and evolving, so you’ll see your work have an immediate impact to our massive global community of users.
As a Unity Engineer, you’ll be improving existing systems, implementing new features, and solving tough engineering problems. The ideal candidate is an experienced Unity engineer with experience in the games industry with a passion for virtual reality. If you’re interested in building the framework behind the VRChat universe, then this role could be right up your alley.
- Help deliver an exceptional virtual reality experience by improving performance and quality of our SDK and platform
- Increase adoption of the VRChat platform by building great software and tools for content creators
- Drive the feature roadmap of VRChat products
- Design and implement the features for the VRChat platform
- Optimize the experience across different application types
- Deliver an SDK to content creators and ensure its usability
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Two or more years of experience developing in Unity in either a professional or independent capacity
- Experience programming in C# with Unity’s APIs
- A general understanding of all aspects of Unity
- Demonstrated interest in VR, online communities, or be a VRChat user and creator! Knowing how our platform and community works will be extremely helpful for this role.
- Experience developing Unity editor tools and extensions
- Experience with implementing and upholding high software security standards
- Experience with Real Time Networking systems. Extra bonus points for experience with Photon!
- Experience working on a “live” app, shipping frequent updates and responding to user feedback
- Experience working with mobile or console platforms