UI Artist & Designer
We’re looking for someone who’s interested in building brand new user interfaces, user experiences, and social design in Virtual Reality. VRChat is a “live” platform that’s constantly updated and evolving, so you’ll see your work have an immediate impact on our massive global community of users.
As a UI Artist and Designer, you’ll be responsible for collaborating on design, prototyping, and implementation of user interface and experience systems. If you’re interested in the way that users interact with the application and SDK to build their communities, then this role could be right up your alley.
- Work with an agile team of engineers, designers, and artists to define, construct, and implement user interface and experience designs
- Work with VRChat’s Creative and Art directors to refine the look and feel of VRChat’s UI/UX across multiple platforms
- Design and improve existing workflows for reviewing and delivering UI updates
- Design QA checks for releases to ensure that new UI features are tested and pass a high-quality mark before being deployed
- Work in a remote environment using project management tools and version control software
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Three or more years of experience as a UI/UX designer in a professional capacity
- Ability to work well remotely as a self-starter as well as collaborate well with a team
- Demonstrable art, design and user interface skills. A portfolio with process sketches and final results would be best!
- Design experience in real-time game engines or apps like Unity or other similar engines like Unreal
- Proficiency in a design app such as Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop (or similar program)
- Clean, clear writing style for communicating ideas with the VRChat team and third-party partners
- Experience with design iteration through user testing and feedback
- VRChat user and creator. Knowing how our platform and community works will be extremely helpful for this role!
- Virtual Reality design experience
- Experience with Cinema 4D, Adobe After Effects
- Experience with Unity3D C# scripting
- Experience authoring shaders
- Experience working on a “live” app, shipping frequent updates and responding to user feedback