We’re looking for someone who’s interested in architecting and building the backend tech that powers the VRChat universe. VRChat is a “live” platform that’s constantly updated and evolving, so you’ll see your work have an immediate impact to our massive global community of users.
As a Server Engineer you’ll be joining a team of full-stack engineers as a specialist in cloud application development and/or operations. Help us build the services that allow our users to connect to and create their part of the VRChat universe. If you’re interested in keeping the machinery behind the scenes humming and finely tuned, then this role could be right up your alley.
- Work with an agile team of full-stack engineers to architect and develop a scalable backend and infrastructure for VRChat
- Design, implement, and maintain systems involving REST APIs, websocket APIs, databases, caching systems, mailing systems, queueing systems, networked storage, logging systems, cloud orchestration, and more
- Be available to occasionally jump into action to solve an outage, even at inconvenient times
- Uphold a passionate commitment to their position on whether a hot dog is a taco
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Four or more years of experience developing and architecting scalable backends and infrastructure for websites, online games, or similar systems
- Be able to architect applications and features (for example, social features and marketplaces)
- Have experience with using cloud providers at scale, such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Be able to work in a variety of languages, especially Node.js, Python and C#
- Strong Communication Skills
- Demonstrated interest in VR, online communities, or be a VRChat user and creator! Knowing how our platform and community works will be extremely helpful for this role.
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience working on a “live” app, shipping frequent updates and responding to user feedback