We’re looking for someone who’s interested in finding and fixing security vulnerabilities in the VRChat platform. You’ll work with a variety of systems, including the networking layer, Unity Engine, user generated content tools and more. VRChat is a “live” platform that’s constantly updated and evolving, so you’ll see your work have an immediate impact to our massive global community of users.
As a Security Engineer, you’ll be seeking out security issues, finding solutions, and implementing fixes. The ideal candidate is an experienced Security Engineer with experience in Unity with a passion for virtual reality. If you’re interested in seeking out exploits and stomping them out, then this role could be right up your alley.
- Take the lead in finding and fixing security vulnerabilities in the VRChat platform
- Collaborate with various teams to assess, design and fix security-critical code
- Help architect Safety by Design features within the VRChat platform
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Extensive knowledge of networked application security issues
- Three or more years performing software security or related work
- Three or more years of experience developing with C#
- One or more years of experience developing in Unity
- A drive to build a safe and secure product
- Demonstrated interest in VR, online communities, or be a VRChat user and creator! Knowing how our platform and community works will be extremely helpful for this role.
- Experience securing Photon Networking middleware
- Experience with implementing and upholding high software security standards
- Experience working on a “live” app, shipping frequent updates and responding to user feedback